, China -- FedEx Express, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), announced today that it will offer next-business-day domestic express service in
The new domestic services, expected to be fully operational in June 2007, will serve
"We are well-positioned to capitalize on
"Up to 90 percent of existing FedEx customers in
A domestic carrier, Okay Airways, will provide the domestic air transportation. Using three Boeing 737 freighters, Okay Airways will operate an air cargo domestic network within
"We greatly appreciate the Zhejiang Government's commitment to expanding business opportunities by increasing access to markets," said David L. Cunningham, Jr., president, FedEx Asia Pacific. "
FedEx Express: A history of leadership in
This announcement of domestic express services underscores the ongoing FedEx commitment to
- Was the first express air carrier to enter the market in 1984;
- Was the first express carrier to directly serve
with its own aircraft in 1996; China
- Launched the express industry's first express direct flight from mainland
to China Europein March 2005;
- Initiated the first overnight express link between
and India in September 2005; China
- Was the first express transportation company to be linked electronically with
- As of
March 25, 2007, FedEx Express will have 30 weekly U.S.-China frequencies - more frequencies than any other cargo carrier;
- Connects more than 200 Chinese cities to the FedEx international network;
- Employs almost 6,000 workers in
- Broke ground in January 2006 on a new US$150 million Asia Pacific hub in the southern China city of Guangzhou that will employ about 1,200 workers; and,
- Acquired the DTW Group in 2007, which included DTW Group's 50% share in the International Priority express joint venture, converting the joint venture into a wholly FedEx-owned company; the DTW Group assets used to support FedEx International Priority services; and, DTW Group domestic express assets.
About FedEx Express
FedEx Express is the world's largest express transportation company, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories. FedEx Express uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date with a money-back guarantee.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $34 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 275,000 employees and contractors to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit www.fedex.com.